Gramps Oyster Stew
Grampa Kelly’s Oyster Stew:
- 24 Salt Pond Select Oysters.
- 1 Pint of oyster liquor.
- There will be more than a pint of liquor, but too much becomes too salty.
- 1/2 Pint of 1/2 and 1/2 cream.
- 1 Pint of whole milk.
- 1/2 stick of butter.
- Fresh ground pepper.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a saucepan on med heat.
- In separate saucepan, heat milk and cream.
- Stir often so milk doesn’t curdle.
- Add oysters to saucepan with melted butter.
- Stir often and until oysters begin to curl at the end.
- Once they do, slowly add oyster liquor.
- Once liquor is at desired temperature, combine both saucepans and enjoy!